Thursday, August 13, 2009

Homeward Bound

I'm at the Hong Kong airport about to board my flight to San Francisco. It hit me about 5 minutes ago that I'm actually going home. I have goosebumps. The past two and a half months have been the biggest adventure of my life. There have been amazing highs and terrible lows. I've learned more about myself than I could have imagined. Wow... I actually have no idea what to say right now. So many emotions... nostalgia, excitement, exhaustion, and much more.

OK, I haven't missed a flight all trip and I'm not about to start (especially the longest one of the whole trip).

For the last time outside the US (sad)...

Day 73/82
Distance from NY JFK: 8061 miles. Will be a whole lot closer in 12 1/2 hours.
Current music: Mae... acoustic. So emo.
Current mood: All over the place
Only here moment: You can check-in and check your bags at the central railway station before you even come to the airport. Amazingly efficient. We could learn a lot from Asia.

Look forward to answering the questions on the plane.

See you on the other side of the Pacific!

No comments:

Post a Comment