Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Golden City and First Meeting


My first full day in Prague has been very interesting. To begin, it's freezing! I packed for this trip with the expectation that everywhere would be at least 60 degrees, but today it's 58 (12 Celsius, but don't quote me on that) and windy! Luckily, it's very pretty outside.

Had a meeting with CzechInvest, the investment promotion agency of the Czech Republic. They were very helpful, even providing me with a goody bag of slide decks and promotional material. I think I'll have to scan the important stuff because I don't have enough room to carry it all!

After the meeting I wandered through Prague, occasionally mingling with tour groups to get some free info on the countless sites. The architecture is beautiful. There are some streets that are so quintessentially European that it looks like a movie set.

So far I've been very good about conserving cash, but I had to spend 50K (roughly 2.75USD) to climb the Charles Bridge tower. The view was awesome. Below is a picture that I had some Italian tourists take for me (amazing how much you can communicate with grunts and gestures).

I'm off to check out the Prague castle... the people at Starbucks are giving me nasty glares for abusing their free wi-fi.

3 comments:

  1. Mac,

    I work with your mom, and she shared this blog with me. After two days, I have it bookmarked and can hardly wait to read your blog. It is like I am traveling for free through you. Very Cool. Be Safe and have a great time.

    Mike Ruhland "R"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy a coffee or a cookie every hour - they will stop glaring at you!

    Love 'ya!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. you WOULD begin with weather talk

    ReplyDelete